Welcome toMaldives National Skills Development Authority
We are the responsible body for regulating Skill Development and Vocational Education in the Maldives.
A Growing Portfolio of Partners
We are continuously partnering up with the best in the Industry to provide a Quality Training and a smooth transition to the Working Force of the Maldives.
Be a part of the largest Apprenticeship Program in the Maldives
An initiative by the Government of the Maldives to create a skilled workforce who is ready to enter into the world of Employment. Now open for Applications!
National Employment Sector Councils
The building blocks of the National Technical and Vocational Education and Training System of the Maldives.
Social Sector Council
- Social sector provides essential services to the community, services ranging from health, education, social services, environment, and community development.
- Social Sector →
Transport Sector Council
- Transport is one of the biggest challenges in the Maldives. Sea transport service is in demand in every atoll. Regular transport links around Maldives are hard to find.
- Transport Sector →
Fisheries and Agriculture Sector Council
- Fisheries has been one of the oldest occupations of this country. Fisheries activities still account for a significant portion of local employment.
- Fisheries and Agriculture Sector →
Tourism Sector Council
- Tourism is what the Maldives is known all over the world for. Most important sector in the Maldivian economy, making the largest contribution to the wealth of the nation.
- Tourism Sector →
Construction Sector Council
- In the response to the expansion in the tourism industry and increased demand for housing. The Construction Sector Council brings the government and private operators together to standardize the sector.
- Construction Sector →
Information, Communication and Technology Sector Council
- The era of ICT continues to influence our lifestyles. There is shortage of ICT personnel in the country and this sector deals with different ICT roles needed for the development of the nation.
- Information, Communication and Technology Sector →
Everything you need
We at Maldives National Skills Development Authority, provide the following services as part of our mandate.
- Program Registration
- Now you can conduct courses under our National Competency Standards at your Institution as a Registered Training Provider.
- Trade Testing
- If you possess all the competencies of our National Competency Standard, you can take our Trade Testing Program to get certified!
- National Certificate
- For every trainee who attains all the competencies declared in National Competency Standard, he/she is eligible for a National Certificate which is widely accepted throughout the Maldives.
- Standard Development
- In order to implement a quality TVET System in the Maldives, one of our main tasks is to develop Standards with the help of Employment Sector Council and Technical Panels.
- National Apprenticeship Program
- The National Apprenticeship Program is designed to facilitate youths around the country to participate and learn a skill from the experienced supervisors stationed at the actual work environments where the trainees will be placed during the course of the training program.
- Capacity Building
- We also offer Capacity Building Programs to level up your everyday skills.
From MNSDA News Room
Take a closer look at our recent News and Stories.
World Youth Skills Day was marked for the first time in the Maldives
To mark the “World Youth Skills Day” for the first time in the Maldives, TVET Authority conducted various activities in Male’ City and the Islands in collaboration with Ministry of Higher Education, Ministry of Economic Development, Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment and Ministry of Education.